Friday, January 3, 2014

Yep, I FAILED

As some of you remember, I set some goals in July that were a bit lofty. As much as I hate to report this, I FAILED all three goals.  Although it is a struggle to admit my failures, I believe in being transparent in my journey and struggles.

1. One goal I had was to run 1,000 miles in 2013. I FAILED!  I ran 886 miles and although I came up short on my goal, I'm still celebrating a great accomplishment and am planning on striving for 1,000 miles in 2014!

2. A second goal was to work up to a 7 minute plank. I FAILED!  I worked up to a 5 minute plank and quite frankly got bored with the challenge!

3. The third goal I set was to integrate TurboFire into my workout routine. I FAILED!  After integrating these workouts into my routine for a couple weeks, I was reminded of how much I dislike DVD workouts and went to some different strength training instead.

Although I was discouraged with these failures I have taken the time to celebrate a few successes in 2013:

1. Running a race as a family
2. Running a race with my dear husband just a few weeks after his burning accident. 
3. Completing my first half marathon.
4. And most importantly God's amazing grace and strength through every challenge I endured emotionally, spiritually and physically!

As I prepare my goals for 2014 I'm reminded that goals are great to help us stay focused, but God uses the journey, the struggles, the small victories, and even our failures to bring Him glory!

Run with perseverance my dear friends!

Blessings,

Krystal


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...