Thursday, September 12, 2013

Granola Energy Balls

I've been wanting to make Granola Balls and/or Bars for quite some time for several reasons.  First of all, I love being in my kitchen.  Second of all I've began to strength train (which I REALLY enjoy) to gain strength and in hopes to prevent injuries from running and need to make sure that I look for ways to increase my protein intake and fuel properly.  And finally, they're just YUMMY!

There are a lot of different recipes out there and it really is fun to try different ingredients and I already have some ideas of what to try next.  Here's the first recipe I tried.

Granola Energy Balls



Ingredients:
*  2 Cups Oats
*  2 Cups Coconut flakes (I used the unsweetened ones)
*  1 Cup peanut butter (can substitute almond butter)
*  1 Cup ground flaxseed
*  1 Cup Chocolate Chips (I made one batch with chocolate chips and another one with raisins)
*  2/3 Cup honey (I used raw, unfiltered)
*  2 teaspoons vanilla
*  1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Directions:
*  Mix all ingredients thoroughly
*  Roll into bite-size balls
*  Store in fridge 

I've stored mine in the freezer and grab a few to take to work for an afternoon snack.  They are so yummy!!!  

Blessings,

Krystal




1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...