Monday, September 23, 2013

A 17 Year (and counting) Journey!

As women, we all go through periods of life where we find ourselves feeling unworthy, lacking beauty or undeserving of God's blessings.  In hopes of helping just one woman understand that she IS beautiful and that God loves her even more than her spouse could possibly love her, I would like to take you on a little trip down memory lane and how my journey over the last 16 months has impacted my marriage.  As you can see over the last 17 years Joshua has always been pretty fit and incredibly good lookin' (yes, I'm a little biased), but over the years I was up and down a lot, but how he loved me and treated me never every changed!

1996

2000


2001

2002
 


2003


2006 


2007 

2008

2009
 

2010

2011


Fall 2011 

June 2012
 

Fall 2012
 

2013 has been another incredible year full of blessings but not absent from challenges either.  I've lost about 32 pounds since beginning this journey in May of 2012 but it's what I've gained that's been far more praise worthy.  Not only did I learn that my husband has always loved me and has always thought I'm beautiful regardless of my weight, size of clothes, exercise routine, etc.  But the change that my husband has noticed and has enjoyed is my change in attitude!  When Joshua shared this with me, I don't think he quite understood just how much his comment touched my heart.  God used this man to speak directly to my heart!  No matter what we look like on the outside, God cares more about our heart and chances are, so do those that are closest to us.  Part of me feels like I wasted so much time (even years) feeling inadequate, unworthy or lacking beauty.  The other part of me is so very gracious for this journey that God has brought me through.  God can (and does) use all sorts of avenues to change our hearts and draw us closer to Him.  I never dreamed He would use my fitness (or the lack of) to change my heart forever!  No matter where you are in your journey, please take a few minutes to look back, reflect on where you've come from, be encouraged to where you're going and simply thank God for every step!


Our marriage is even stronger now and I couldn't be happier to stand next to this incredibly good lookin' guy!  Thank you Joshua from the bottom of my heart for ALWAYS loving me and ALWAYS thinking I was beautiful.  I love you... more!

 
I can't thank this man enough, as he has supported me on this journey.  He's even improved his fitness and health as well.  In January of this year he quit drinking pop completely, periodically runs with me too (and lost over 20 pounds), and we've enjoyed running several races together.  AND he's not afraid to try some of the new recipes I've been cooking either!  Ladies, keep it up... you never know who's life you're touching.

Chances are, it's those that are closest to you.



Blessings,
Krystal






 








3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey!! Its so encouraging and has touched my heart! Your such a beautiful young woman with an amazing family!! Thanks again for sharing and GOD BLESS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love these pictures!!! Who are those young kids? I can see the love you two have whem yall look at each other. I love it and love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love you too Ames! We definitely grew up together. Truly blessed!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...