Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Personal Shopper ~ Stitch Fix!

I've been talking to several of my close friends about how I actually enjoy shopping for clothes now, but to find the time to do so is such a challenge.  Plus I get so frustrated going from store to store and from one dressing room to the next.  Some of the items are a little expensive but I also factor in the fact that I saved on fuel, time, meals and additional unnecessary impulse buys of traditional shopping!  I also have absolutely no fashion sense and definitely need some help in that department.

After reading a blog post written by Candace Cameron Bure (DJ from Full House) about the company Stitch Fix, I was SOLD!  Here's how it works:

1.  You sign up and provide them information regarding your size, body shape, style preference, the type of items you're looking for, your preferred budget by item type, etc.  The more information you provide, the better experience you have.  You can even give them the link to your fashion board on Pinterest so that they can see the outfits/style that you like!

2.  You then schedule a 'fix.'  This requires a $20 design fee, which can be deducted off of your purchase on an item(s) in your 'fix.' You can also decide on the frequency of your 'fix.'  It could be monthly or it could be a couple of times a year, it's entirely up to you!

3.  Then the fun begins!  Your personal shopper at Stitch Fix picks out 5 items based on the information you provided.

4.  Once you receive your fix you have 3 days to try on the items with other items in your closet (in the comfort of your own home) and decide what you want to keep (oh, and it's free shipping both directions).  My first fix consisted of a necklace, a pair of skinny jeans, two tops and a sweater/jacket.




5.  You also get two styling ideas with each piece, which is what I so desperately need!



6.  Then you log back into Stitch Fix and check out.  You decide what you want to keep and give specific feedback on each piece.  This feedback helps the personal shoppers improve on your next fix.

7.  Also, after you sign up, refer your friends and receive a $25 credit towards your next fix!




I REALLY enjoyed my first fix and have already scheduled my next 'fix.'  And this time I let them know what colors we're doing for our fall family pictures.  I can't wait to see what they come up with!!!  It's going to be so much fun overhauling my closet... gradually :)  



I enjoyed this process so much, that I just had to share!

Blessings,

Krystal


2 comments:

  1. Cool...but you know how I HAVE to get out of town...however I hate to shop...I get tired. Maybe I should check it out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited for tomorrow. I have another 'fix' arriving. This time I told them what colors we were doing for family pictures and asked them to send something accordingly. Oh, to not have the stress of picking out my outfit for pictures :) We'll see how they did!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...