Sunday, October 6, 2013

Yet Another Project

About 8 years ago my husband and I rushed into the idea of having a home.  The struggle at the time was I was still finishing school, we didn't really know what we wanted and we were new to the entire concept of being a home owner.  As most home owners, if we could go back there's a lot of things we would do differently, but for now we're just taking one project at a time.  Over the past several years we've done a lot of planning, saving, dreaming and working on various projects.  This last year we've made a lot of progress and getting closer to having our 'big' projects done.  Our focus recently has been on completing our wrap around porch and finishing our mud room.  I think every house has an area where things just get dropped off, everything from coats, bags, sunglasses, hats, gloves, papers, etc.  We have definitely had that issue in our house (and these pictures are from a good day)!


My dear husband is so incredibly talented at so many things that it's extremely difficult for him/us to hire some of the work to be done.  After some discussion, Joshua agreed to have the cabinets in our mud room custom designed and installed.  First thing we needed to get done though, was repairing the walls from where we used to have the washer and dryer and the doggie door.  Then it was time to texture the walls and paint them!  I think we make a pretty good team :)



Our mud room is one of the smallest rooms in our home but to me it's one of the most important rooms. So much love and encouragement can come from this one little room.  This will be the main door that my precious family will leave from and return to.  It's the one room where the coats, hat, gloves and shoes that keep them warm and protect them will reside.  And soon one of the walls will contain a verse of encouragement for them to see each and every time they walk into our home.  And last, but certainly not least, it will be the room that will help save the insanity of this Mama :)

I'm not sure who was more excited about getting this space put together.  The kids...


Or there Mama?!?


The room isn't completely done just yet.  The company needs to come back and fix a few things, the trim needs to be put up, the crown molding on the ceiling needs to be added, but we can at least begin using it.  After Joshua got the hooks installed anyway.


This makes a Mama's heart happy!  Being able to be organized in my home makes my heart happy and helps me serve my family on a daily basis.  I have definitely learned that organization can ease daily stress and frustration for everyone in our home.  Truly blessed!  We're excited to work on the finishing touches of this room and have another project completed!  We also had a broom closet added to the opposite wall, which I'll share after we completely finish the room :)


And now some of other other space can be better utilized, for example the kiddos have their homework table back!  It's the little things that make us smile!  Growth chart by Heritage Designs.


I truly feel that maintaining my home and finding ways to serve my family is crucial for me to be the wife and mom that God has called me to be!


'By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; 
through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.'
Proverbs 24:3-4

Stay tuned as we add the finishing touches~

Blessings,

Krystal



1 comments:

  1. I need this behind our front door. My brother asked me what i wanted for Xmas 2 years ago. I told him...I'm still waiting. Maybe I just need to learn how to build myself?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...