Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hear encouragement while you workout!

Do you ever feel like you need just a little encouragement from a loved one while you're running or working out?  I certainly do and the best encouragement comes from those two special little people who call me mommy!  Quite some time ago I began a project of recording my little people saying various encouraging messages and just finally took the time to get them integrated into my running playlist.  

Who wouldn't be encouraged by this sweet voice?



It took me a decent amount of time to figure out how to convert a voice memo (on my iphone) to an mp3 so that I could add it to my running playlist.  Keep in mind I decided to get it all figured out while my husband (aka my IT guy) was out of town this weekend.  I wanted to take a few minutes to share the process with you for two reasons.  One to maybe save someone the amount of time it took me to figure it out and the second reason is so that I have a reference point because I'm sure I won't remember the next time I want to add some more!  The steps below were used with an iPhone and Mac computer.

1.  The first step is to record the voice memo on your iphone.
2.  Next sync your phone with iTunes
3.  Click on the iTunes tab and then preferences
4.  Under the option that states 'When you insert a CD: Import CD', click on Import Settings
5.  Click on the drop down next to 'Import Using:' and change it to 'MP3 Encoder.'  Click OK.
6.  Locate the voice memo in your list of 'Music,' right click and click 'Create MP3 Version.'
7.  Then go to 'Recently Added' to locate the new MP3 and then you can drag it to your playlist
8.  Sync new playlist to you iphone and 'Ta Da'... you now have the encouragement you need at your fingertips!!!

I CANNOT wait to have these little voices as part of my playlist tomorrow morning!

Blessings,

Krystal




1 comments:

  1. I still have my little boys encouraging me in between my workout play lists. It's so sweet! I even added Scripture verses and talks to myself. Although, I hate my voice, I should have someone else record them instead.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...