Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Ultimate Trainer

I'm currently reading Reshaping it All by Candace Cameron Bure.  In this book she shares such wonderful wisdom regarding the connection between our physical and spiritual fitness.  I've really enjoyed relating to Candace as a Christian, a wife, a mom and a women trying to reach my fitness potential (which will ALWAYS be a work in progress).  Plus I was always a fan of Full House when I was a kid.  What a reflection this has been on my journey.  She shares that Jesus understands our struggles and various demands in our daily lives, which is what makes Him the ultimate trainer.  Although I've reached out to Jesus through many workouts as I wasn't sure I was going to make it, I've never really reflected on the concept of Him being my ultimate trainer.




Wow, the absolute perfect trainer.  He's the perfect companion, His service is free, available 24 hours a day, loving, encouraging, available in EVERY aspect of our lives, and the list goes on and on!  Just this morning, I found myself smiling while I was running as I was picturing Jesus on the treadmill beside me.  All I can say is I've never experienced such encouragement during a run as I did this morning!  This was such an incredible week for me as I have never thought about Jesus being my ultimate trainer!  Thank you Jesus!

Blessings,

Krystal



2 comments:

  1. This reminds me what my study was on last week. Endurance...I should blog about it because it spoke so much to me. Just like physical training, we need spiritual training. We endure the pain of sore muscles yet we keep going and then many times we endure pain in our spiritual lives yet many times we quit and give up. It was good...I'll have to share it with you if I don't post it. Maybe I should schedule that in my blog posting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...