Saturday, February 23, 2013

Remodel = A Strengthened Marriage

This post is not about my running journey but a little about a journey with my dear husband. 

The journey to this one little corner of our home.

Deciding to remodel parts of your home can be such a challenge.  Through this challenge a marriage can be strengthened so much (and strained a bit at times as well)!  And remodeling with two little people in the house can add some additional challenges!  A year ago my dear husband was busy working on some remodel work on the inside of our home.  We replaced carpet with wood floors and tile, we painted the walls, changed the trim, changed the doors, etc. It was a long and stressful process but I am so incredibly grateful for the hard work he did and the way it strengthened our marriage.

We are currently getting ready to put a porch on our house.  We're excited and a little anxious all at the same time to dive into another big project!  This time I'm excited to be more involved in helping my man!

Here's a picture of Joshua working hard to install the wood floor in our dining room last January.


Here is a picture of Joshua and his baby girl dancing on Valentine's Day last year. You can see an awkward corner in the background during mid-construction.  I've struggled with how to decorate it since the very day we moved into this house. 



After some of the remodel was done, I felt like I had a blank canvas to decorate.  It's still a work in progress, but isn't having a home ALWAYS a work in progress?  I was so excited to finally come up with an idea for this awkward corner.  I contacted Trista with Heritage Design to design and make a sign for my family.  I was absolutely amazed and loved what she came up with.  Here's the sign she wrote (photo also by Heritage Design), designed and put together (I've blurred out the years for privacy purposes).  The sign says 'God Blessed One Day.  He made me for you and you for me.  We made a vow and sealed it with a kiss, a baby came and brought us bliss.  Another came and made us whole.  Praise God for those ONE DAYS that blessed our soul!'



After hanging the sign on one side of the corner, I decided to gather pictures of each of us at 1 year old and our wedding picture and hung them in a variety of frames to represent each of these special dates that God has truly blessed!  It's so fun to look and see who our kids look like and a constant reminder to
 'Praise God for those ONE DAYS that blessed our soul!'

Here's the baby pictures!






I just love walking by this corner multiple times a day and being reminded of how God blessed so many days (actually every day) leading up to today! 
When decorating I continue to look for ways to be encouraged and blessed. 

Blessings,

Krystal


1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...