Friday, March 21, 2014

A Trip to the City

My dear husband has been working so hard to finish our basement! I'm truly blessed to have a hard working and talented man! We finally got to the point that we were ready to find the furniture to furnish our entertainment/relaxing area of our basement. Since both my husband and I work outside the home we actually don't enjoy shopping, but we were excited for this little getaway! Last Saturday we were all up and out of the house by 5:00 AM (ON A SATURDAY).

We had an appointment in Ft. Collins at 8:30 AM with Black's Glass to pick up the custom mirror for the fitness room in our basement. If anyone is ever looking for a custom mirror in Northeast Colorado or the Front Range, I 'highly' recommend Black's Glass! They are a small company, but absolutely wonderful to deal with. They were very timely in responding to our emails and very reasonably priced. They even agreed to meet us on Saturday to pick up the mirror even though they're typically not open on the weekends. The gentlemen that met us was also extremely helpful in making sure we had the mirror safely loaded and tied down in the trailer to minimize the risk of it breaking. It was just great to see a company focus so much on customer service! Thanks to one of my readers who recommended them! We're not quite ready to install it as we're finishing up the floor and trim first, but I will be certain to share a picture of my new home gym when we get it all finished!


One other stop I so desperately wanted to make was at Goldworks! About a 1 1/2 years ago I had to have my wedding ring resized after losing some weight and let's just say there was a slight malfunction in the process. My very sweet husband decided to have a new ring designed, which integrated the diamonds from my original wedding ring. Again, the customer service we received from Tom & Sandy with Goldworks was amazing! Through the process of having my new custom ring designed and made, Josh was able to visit Tom Linnenberger, see the equipment he uses and pick out the new diamonds, but it never worked out for me to meet him. I was so excited to meet them on Saturday, get my ring cleaned and have them resize another ring for me.



The kiddos were then super hungry so we asked Tom & Sandy where they recommended us to have lunch. They recommended Austin's Grill. The was by far the best salad I've ever enjoyed! It had salmon, a light dressing, perfectly ripe avocado, and other goodies! Joshua enjoyed the chicken pot pie and the kids had some pretty typical kid favorites... macaroni, corn dog and of course ice cream! 

Even the presentation of the salad was delightful!

I'm not sure what his deal was, but his pouty face makes me giggle!

Time to fight over the ice cream!
 

Love this sweet girl... and yes I had ONE bite of her ice cream!



It was finally time to go furniture shopping and gather some additional construction supplies!

We've enjoyed working on these house projects as a family!

Jayce had to get comfortable to help us decide on furniture! 

Kylee & Jayce discovered an Etch-A-Scetch at one of the furniture stores.  
We were sad when we realized they had never played on one before!

Here's the best way to test furniture... my sweet boy taking a nap!
 


It was an incredibly long day but I was so pleased with the customer service we experienced at each and every stop!


We know word of mouth is the best advertising, so I just wanted to share our wonderful experiences with these businesses!


 Blessings,

 Krystal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...