Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pull Apart Rolls

After losing 25 pounds I found myself steering away from sweets and baked goods (which I still do on a regular basis).  Through this journey though, I have learned that completely eliminating them isn't absolutely necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle.  It's about moderation and portion control (and sharing with others).  This weekend I did some baking for my family, another dear family and for a potluck with my church family (minimizing how many of these yummy goodies are available in our home).  Over Christmas my Mom made some delightful homemade pull apart rolls and I wanted to give them a try.  They turned out so yummy!!!


Here's the recipe:

2 Packages yeast                          1 teaspoon + 2/3 Cup Sugar divided
1 Cup warm water                       1/2 Cup Butter - softened to room temperature
1/2 Cup Shortening                      1 teaspoon salt
1 Cup Boiling Water                    2 Eggs
7-7 1/2 Cups Flour

In a bowl dissolve yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar into warm water.  Let stand for 5 minutes.  Cream butter, shortening, salt and 2/3 Cup Sugar.  Add boiling water.  Let cool to 110 degrees.  Add yeast mixture and eggs.  Stir in flour.  Let rise for an hour (or until double in size).  Grease 3 cake pans.  Punch dough and split dough into thirds.  From each third roll into 9 equal size balls and place into cake pan with space between rolls.  Let rise in pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Makes approximately 27 rolls.

Blessings,

Krystal

1 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I can live without dessert, but homemade bread? That's my weakness. I have to watch my bread intake...it's my preferred "dessert".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...