Saturday, March 2, 2013

Homemade Pumpkin Bread

Well it's definitely not fall but it's always a good season for some Homemade Pumpkin Bread.  Miss Kylee had the flu this week and hadn't eaten for about 3 days.  I decided to make some pumpkin bread (which is one of her favorite things to eat) this morning.  A loaf for us and a loaf for some dear friends.  This recipe is definitely not the healthiest of choices, but sometimes some good ole homemade bread is just what the doctor ordered.  She was so excited and it made my house smell delightful!


Here's the recipe for Homemade Pumpkin Bread

2 Cups Pumpkin                      3 1/2 Cups Flour                         1/2 teaspoon ginger
3 Cups Sugar                           2 teaspoons baking soda              
1 Cup Oil                                 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2/3 Cups Water                        1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 eggs                                      1 teaspoon nutmeg


Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour bottoms only of two 9x5 or 8x4 loaf pans.  In large bowl, blend first 5 ingredients.  Beat 1 min at medium speed.  Add remaining ingredients; blend until smooth and moistened.  Pour batter into prepared pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 75 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans.  Cool completely.  Slice or cut into shapes with cookie cutters!  Optional ~ dust with powdered sugar.

Blessings,

Krystal

1 comments:

  1. Lol...March 2nd! Thats why I asked kylee how shes feeling. I saw you post it (or actually repost), clicked on it but didnt read it. I thought id see it in Bloglovin roll and never did. Went back tonight and was confused because you said kylee had the flu. I looked it over thinking...am I misreading it? Then looked at the date...March! I was really thinking I was losing my mind. ;) I may have to make some loaves of this myself...love pumpkin baked goods except pumpkin pie. And pumpkin lattes...lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...