Saturday, March 23, 2013

No Fancy Equipment Required

Saturday's have been my long run days since I began 'officially' training for my very first half marathon, but we have had quite the snow storm hit and our favorite electrical lineman (aka Daddy) is out working.  I still wanted to get some kind of workout in today and thought it would be a great day to get my kids to join me since we're all stuck inside anyway.  They were SO excited and Jayce reminded Kylee and I that we need to workout to stay 'healfy.'  Most of my workouts are done early in the mornings while my kids are sleeping, but I do realize how important it is to share a workout with them (even with them still in their pajamas).  These two special kids are a huge part of this journey and I was blessed to share this time with them this morning.


We didn't need any fancy equipment or video and the kids even stayed in their pajamas.  We just did some basic exercises (incorporated with some giggles).  

Started off with some jumping jacks!


Time for some crunches!


Teaching Jayce how to do some squats. 


Who says working out isn't fun!  While Kylee and I were doing some squats, Jayce was climbing through our legs!


Next up is some push ups.  Looks like we all need to work on our form! :)



And of course some encouragement when we were finished!


Don't forget to encourage your kids to make healthy choices too! You AND your kids will be blessed!

Blessings,

Krystal


1 comments:

  1. So cute! Yes...we let our boys watch us work out and they join us from time to time. Except when we are on the treadmill...I'm singing so loud, they leave and shut my door. I think it is great to let your kids see how important exercise is so they can get it fixed in their minds?? "Train a child in the way they should go..." Right? :)

    PS: YOU ARE SMOKIN' MY FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...