Saturday, March 23, 2013

Maintaining Training On the Road!

As I'm sure you've seen from my various posts that I traveled to Illinois in mid March to attend the Hearts at Home Conference (more to come on the conference).  It was an amazing few days of being renewed physically but most importantly spiritually.  A dear friend of mine and I traveled together.  We laughed together, cried together and were truly blessed.

Amy has been with me on this journey to get healthy from the very beginning.  Her encouragement, prayers, accountability, and support has been such a blessing.


We had such a special time together.  Both of us have made such drastic changes to our life over the last year.  Our daily routines of what we eat and our workouts are so important that we discussed our plans before we even left.  We travelled on a Thursday, worked out Thursday night, scheduled a rest day for Friday (to fully enjoy the conference) and then both of us enjoyed a workout on Saturday before we began our travel home.

Before we left I did some research to see if there was any running paths close by and was so excited to discover the Constitution Trail that goes through the Normal/Bloomington, IL area.  The weather was a little brisk and foggy but I was SO excited to run outside.  

This was THE best run I've ever had since starting this journey.  Being refueled spiritually the day before had such an impact on the thoughts I had while I was running.  I'm pretty sure I had a smile on my face for the entire 8 miles and felt like I should have ran farther.

Here's a the view I had on my run!  It was incredibly refreshing!


There was also a couple little ponds that I enjoyed running past, even with the fog!


Absolutely loved being outside on this peaceful, beautiful morning!


It's so easy to skip a good run or workout while you're traveling, but it's so important to stick to your plan even while on the road.  This taught me to seek this opportunity whenever possible!  I can't wait to discover new areas or paths when I travel.

Blessings,

Krystal




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...