Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Just need a little break!

Sorry I haven't been writing much lately, sometimes we just need a little break to just experience life and experience God for a while.  My little girl and I also need a little break and just enjoy some precious time together.  So I took off from work a little early, picked up my girl and headed to Buffalo Mountain Pottery to do some painting!


Kylee just loves anything that's related to music and art!  She may discover other things that she enjoys but for now, these are the types of things that she just loves.  She is typically a little reserved and quiet in some situations, and music and art have helped give her confidence.

Kylee was on a mission to paint something for her Nana for her birthday.  At first she was going to paint a plate, but then she saw a horse and just knew Nana would love it.  Her Nana taught her how to ride bareback just a few weeks ago, which made this piece just perfect!


I really struggled on deciding what to paint.   I'm in the process of redecorating our home office/reading area to be full of running inspiration.  It's the place I sit to scrapbook, blog, schedule my workouts and enjoy my quiet time.  I'll be finding ways to encourage and inspire myself and my entire family through our love of running.  I'll be displaying all of our medals, bibs, pictures of us all running, scripture, etc.  I thought it only fitting to make a platter with one of my favorite verses to display in our new running inspired office/reading area.  I'm not very creative, but it's more about the journey and this special time with my daughter!


Kylee really enjoyed picking colors and getting started on her horse!


The conversation was so sweet and we even enjoyed just the quiet while we both painted!


We'll have to schedule another time to go finish our projects and just force ourselves to enjoy some more time together!  I love you Ky and love these special moments with you baby girl!

Stay tuned... we'll share our finished projects when they're done!

Blessings,

Krystal






  


1 comments:

  1. What a fun time! I'll have to check that place out for my dates with my little men.

    I'm wanting to hang my medals and bibs somewhere too. Just not sure where yet...I'm thinking a corner in my craft room. I don't know...can't wait to see what you end up doing with yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...