Tuesday, July 2, 2013

God's Perfect Timing!


Earlier this year I made the decision to pick and enter a half marathon race.  At the time the farthest I had run was nine miles.  I was certainly nervous about setting such a large goal but was excited too as I had never set a goal that would require such discipline and commitment.  I entered to run the Slacker Half Marathon!  The race started at the Loveland Ski Area (10,630 feet elevation) and finish in Georgetown (8,400 feet elevation).  We decided we would leave around noon on Friday and head up to Dillon so that we could enjoy the evening as a family, have a nice meal and just enjoy the mountain view.  Two days prior to leaving for the race I ended up with a stress induced migraine.  As we were headed up to the mountains I still wasn't feeling great.  I was really worried about my body being fully recovered from the migraine and just simply getting anxious about my first half marathon race.

I was reminded during this experience to immediately seek prayer from a few dear friends.  Through several texts with these special ladies, I was reminded that God would give me peace, healing and endurance to get through this challenge.  They also reminded me that I have trained and prepared for this and to relax and give Him the glory!  I was FINALLY able to calm down and just enjoy the experience.  

We made it to Georgetown so that I could pick up my bib and have that ready for the big day. After we got back into the vehicle, I took a picture of my bib to begin sharing the journey of my first half marathon race.

It wasn't until I went to post the picture to my page that it finally hit me!  116, that number sounded familiar.  It finally hit me, Dunamis 116 is the team name of our original running team inspired by the verse Romans 1:16. "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile."  This was clearly not just a coincidence but a part of God's perfect timing and plan to work out every detail!  I was so excited to share this on my page and with the girls who were with me on this journey from the very beginning!  This gave me encouragement and immediately reduced my anxiety. I praise God for this special moment and it's definitely one I will never forget. 

We then headed to Dillon so that we could check into our hotel room and then have a nice meal. We found a wonderful pub to eat at. Look at these sweet faces!

Jayce definitely takes after his daddy, always goofy for a picture!


We then headed to the Dillon lake to let the kids play at the playground by the lake and enjoy the gorgeous view. God's creation is absolutely amazing!!!



The kids had so much fun!


It was then time to call it an evening, get the kiddos ready for bed and hopefully get a good nights rest!  It was so fun making this a special little mini family vacation!  These three have supported and encouraged me so much over this last year. They've even been there through the tears, sweat and pain along the way too. I love them each so very much!  

Stay tuned for how the big day went!  God continues to use this journey to teach me and draw me closer to Him, and for that I am incredibly grateful!

Blessings,

Krystal







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...