Saturday, June 15, 2013

Watch the 'Spirit of the Marathon'

Several years ago my husband and I turned off our satellite and rarely watch television.  On occasion we'll watch a movie together as a family or I'll simply watch hulu.com while I'm scrapbooking, blogging or just catching up on some computer work.  At first I thought this change for our family would be difficult but it's actually quite wonderful.  We enjoy more frequent quality time together and when we do watch television it's very deliberate.  We also don't have to worry about what shows our kids are watching (or commercials).  I'm so grateful we had already made this change before Kylee started school and before I started training for my half marathon as it has made an incredible impact on our daily routine.



Last weekend while blogging and scrapbooking (in between some baking), I decided to watch the "Spirit of the Marathon" after seeing all of the excitement of 'Spirit of the Marathon II' that has just come out.  I highly recommend this movie.  It's an incredible documentary of several people training for the Chicago marathon.  An elite female runner, an elite male runner from Kenya, a single mom, a father/daughter training and running together, and others. It was actually really emotional for me to watch just days before my first half marathon as I reflect on the training, every drop of sweat and tears. The struggles they endured during training and during the race and the rush of emotions as they cross the finish line!  I'm so excited to experience this for myself next weekend!

If you need some inspiration or encouragement as you prepare for a race or are even thinking about running, take some time to watch this movie.  I guarantee you'l be encouraged and inspired regardless of the distance you're currently running!  I certainly was!  I'm looking forward to watching Spirit of the Marathon II!


Blessings,

Krystal

1 comments:

  1. Oh my word...I had have this on my iPad and was watching it at church and Mandy watched a little bit with me. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...