Saturday, April 6, 2013

Gentle Mothering

After running 8 miles this morning my body has been a little tired today.  The kids and I have been picking up the house, doing laundry and other fun things that we needed to do on a Saturday.  With that being said though, we all enjoyed a nap and then enjoyed some time outside.  This beautiful spring day couldn't be wasted by spending it inside!  

I decided to take my bible reading outside.  There's nothing sweeter than a peaceful afternoon, God's word, the giggles of my kids playing and of course a nice glass of cold water!  

Here's the view of the kids playing while I spent time in prayer and reading God's word.


Several year's ago my Mom gave me a new Bible, it's called the 'Mom's Bible.'  I really enjoy it as the notes are written for and to mothers.  I spent some time this afternoon reading in the book of Matthew.  God uses Chapter 11 to speak to us about finding rest in Him by learning to be gentle and humble!  I was reminded this afternoon that God speaks to us in such gentle ways through a gentle tug in our hearts or a quiet nudge.  This was a gentle tug reminding me that I should speak to my children in the same way that God speaks to me.  After I finished my time in God's word, I immediately got up and joined my kids on the trampoline.  I love the excitement they have when Mommy comes to play with them.  


 Yes, I even joined Kylee in some cartwheels!



Thank you God, for using a peaceful and beautiful afternoon to speak to my heart!


May you find rest in Jesus today!

Blessings,

Krystal

1 comments:

  1. I love the picture of your feet on the trampoline. At first I thought it was a chalkboard. Very cute! Glad you had some time with God outside on this gorgeous day. Outside time with God is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...