Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pray & Run for Boston

When you become a runner you immediately become part of a community, a family.  When a dear family member or friend becomes a runner, you also become part of a community and larger family.  Like so many around the world Monday, my heart sank when I heard of the news of the bomb explosions at the Boston Marathon.  

Thanks to the inspiration of 'Through Heather's Looking Glass'  and so many other bloggers and runners across the country, I was inspired to also run 4.09 miles yesterday in honor of Boston and all of those affected.  This was the time on the race clock when the first bomb went off.  




I spent this time praying for the city of Boston, the runners and spectators at the Boston Marathon, the families, the entire running community and for our country.  As I prayed for Boston, I also reflected on my own journey and was reminded that we cannot live in fear!  I was also reminded of Psalm 27:1.  "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"  It was an emotional run just thinking what must have been going through the minds of the runners, spectators, families, emergency personnel etc. that were there.  And then I began thinking about how hard it's going to be for these runners to run their next race.  Will they be able to?  What will it feel like to cross the next finish line?  What will their next training run feel like?  What I do know is that no matter what, God is our light and salvation and we should not fear!  There are so many things that we cannot control and we must allow Him to be in control.

Runners Unite and Do Not Fear!




We live in a fallen world and this is just another reminder that we need Jesus!

Blessings,

Krystal


1 comments:

  1. I read this week many were running 26.2 miles this week alone in memory of Boston. I tried to do that, ran a couple days, but failed to aim at it. There is always next week, right? And while I'm glad that captured the guy who did this, I'm glad he is alive and pray that He finds Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...