Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Best and the Hardest!

Since I've started seriously training for a half marathon I've been doing my long runs on Saturday mornings as it's just too hard to do that many miles before getting ready for work and taking my little girl to school.  When I woke up this morning I got the biggest surprise!  Joshua asked if he could go run with me.  I was completely surprised, excited and nervous at the same time.  Like me when I started running, Joshua hasn't done any sort of running since high school but let me just say this guy is in incredible shape!

I had 9 miles on the training schedule.  It was about 35 degrees this morning when we headed out and just a slight breeze to begin with.  After we got past 1 mile I kept expecting Joshua to turn around and head back.  At mile 3 I thought for sure he would head back and finish 6 total miles but NO he wasn't about to let a girl beat him.  He ran with me the ENTIRE 9 miles.  I absolutely loved having him beside me.  He kept pushing me, making me smile and even made sure to protect me from the traffic :)

After we hit the half way point to turn around we had a terrible head wind and a few hills to climb again.  I'm not sure I could have finished this tough run without him!  Did I mention this was a REALLY hard run?  Joshua has always been incredibly supportive, but nothing beats struggling through a long run together.  God is so good to bless me with such an incredible man!

We were both FULL of smiles (and hungry) after we finished!!!


Blessings,

Krystal



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...