Friday, April 5, 2013

My Own Birth Story

As a Mom who's given birth to two beautiful blessings I can recall how EVERYONE shared with me about their birth stories when they saw I was expecting.  Everything from the joys, the pain, the details of the absolute miracle it is that God orchestrates with each and every birth.  I always loved hearing about the experiences others had, both through birth and adoptions and experienced so much joy listening to others.  I too have enjoyed sharing about the birth story of my precious babies.  But as I'm sure others have experienced, as an expecting mom I was ready to experience my own birth story.  One that is special to just my husband and I.  One that I would someday share with my child.  It's quite amazing to go through such an amazing experience and I praise God for every day I went past my due dates, every painful contraction, every sleepless night, the first cries I heard of these precious babies and the overwhelming love you experience as parents.

Here's a picture of Miss Kylee and I right after she was born.




Here's a picture of Mr. Jayce with Daddy soon after he was born.




As I prepare for my very first half marathon, I find myself relating it to birth stories (although NOTHING compares to that experience).  I enjoy reading and hearing about the experiences others have had both training and racing for a half marathon.  I appreciate their wisdom, their joys, their struggles and the common bond runners have!  BUT... I'm getting to where I'm ready for my own half marathon story, my own training struggles, my own race experience, my own rush of emotions when I cross the finish line.  I'm ready for it ALL!  

I've registered for the Slacker Half Marathon in Georgetown, CO on June 22, 2013 which is just 11 weeks away!  I'm excited, nervous and blessed to know that my amazing husband and sweet kids will be there to cheer me on!


Blessings,

Krystal




 

1 comments:

  1. I remember the first 5k I ran, I cried as I crossed the finish line. I look forward to rejoicing with you in tears after you finish. Wish I could be there to cheer you on, but it is in my calendar so I will be thinking and praying for you that day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...