Monday, January 21, 2013

Homemade Smoked Pizza

I still haven't wrapped my mind around the fact that I actually ran 13.1 miles.  My body is still recovering and I'm looking forward to my workout tomorrow morning.  After running a half marathon (on the treadmill) last Saturday it was time to spend the evening relaxing and enjoying my family.  Although I've had to adjust my diet quite a bit as I've added more distance to my runs, I occasionally still enjoy a splurge with a family favorite meal.  As a kid one of my absolute favorite meals my mom made was homemade pizza.

Here is the recipe that my Mom always used to make pizza with our twist - smoke it on the Traeger!  My dear husband usually turns the Traeger on high (with the pizza stone in it) as I begin the pizza dough so that it's hot and ready when we're done putting it together.

Combine:
 1 1/2 Cups of warm water
3 Tablespoons Oil
1 Tablespoon of Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of yeast over mixture.

Add 4 1/2 Cups of flour


Spread corn meal onto pizza peal.


Roll pizza dough out to the size of the pizza peal


I have found that folding the pizza dough in half to put onto the pizza peal, will help keep it's shape.




Put your favorite homemade or store bought pizza sauce on.


Top with your favorite toppings and cheese!  The kids love putting toppings on the pizza!


Now it's time to put it on the pizza stone that's already hot in the Traeger!  
The corn meal helps the pizza slide onto the pizza stone.


20 minutes later the pizza is ready to cut and enjoy!  Combine with a tossed salad and movie and you're guaranteed to have a lovely evening!



Blessings,

Krystal













1 comments:

  1. Mmmm....that looks so good! We are homemade pizza lovers. I miss eating "normal" pizza, but ive learned how to make it so I can eat it. It's not the same,but still delicious. And smoked! We need to try that still.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...