Saturday, January 26, 2013

Put the scale AWAY!

I'm always amazed at the thoughts that go through my head as I run. This morning as I ran 8 miles I realized the majority of my days can be spent focused on numbers. During most of my workouts I'm focused on distance and time. While I'm at work as a financial controller I'm focused on various numbers, calculations, etc. And in case that isn't enough, I focus on the amount of water I drink, calories I ingest and the number on the scale.

When I first started running I had set a goal for myself to lose 25 pounds. I'm so close to reaching this goal that I've caught myself focusing on it too much. As we all know so many things can affect our weight from day to day. Everything from water intake, food consumption, calories burned, change in muscle, etc.

We've all been at that place where we've been working so hard on our health and fitness and we don't feel the scale is a true reflection of our hard work. So with that I've set a goal for myself. I will NOT step on a scale for 3 weeks and will simply work each day to do the best I can and not allow one number to dictate how I feel about my progress. Feeling good, being migraine free, no more stomach pain, having more energy... These are the true indicators of how I feel, not the number on the scale. I will rejoice and praise The Lord for carrying me through this journey.

Will you join me in this challenge? Lets put the scales away and just take our health and fitness one day at a time WITHOUT being focused on one number!

Blessings,

Krystal

2 comments:

  1. I don't look at the scale much...I notice the lbs dropping when my NEW jeans are falling off!!! I will weigh in another month. This journey has been the best huh? Healthiest I've been in 12 years...that's when we got married! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies I enjoy your encouragement!! I get very down in the dumps when I have been eating and exercising as I am suppose to and the scale doesn't show it :-( but as my weight coach stresses to me the scale is just a tool for you to use! Change the way you think of it and use it for a tool in this journey ;-) I am trying thanks for all your encouraging words I am enjoying your journey with you! GOD BLESS!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...