Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Out with the Old in with the New!

After close to 500 miles it is officially time to retire my very first pair of running shoes!


I don't think I will ever be able to get rid of these shoes as they are such a great reminder of how this journey started.  Simply putting one foot in front of the other!

I've recently had some pain in my feet when I run and my toes were really starting to hurt and after evaluating the mileage on my first pair of shoes, I realized it was time for a new pair.  I started doing some research and reading reviews on different brands and styles of running shoes and let me just say that is quite the overwhelming task!  

I came across these Brooks PureCadence (http://www.zappos.com/brooks-purecadence-black-anthracite-purple-magic) shoes and after trying them on, I quickly realized 'WOW, I really did need a new pair of running shoes.'  They had great reviews and were a reasonable price as well.  Gotta love Zappos!


I'm so excited to give them a try tomorrow morning!!!

If you are just getting started with any physical activity, make sure you start with a good pair of shoes, it's definitely worth it!!!

Blessings,

Krystal

3 comments:

  1. Yes, shoes are a big deal. I started out with 3 new pairs at the beginning of 2012. One pair I keep just for running. My other pair I wear for lifting are starting to rip at some seams. Guess those need to be retired. I have so many feet problems I have to go get fitted for shoes. And who has time for that? Id rather get fitted for stilettos. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! Good shoes are right next to the necessity of a good sports bra! LOL :) Found that out the hard way too!

      Delete
  2. Oh...yes! A good bra. I found that out when I ran my first 5k nearly 4 years ago. I ended up wearing 3!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...