Friday, January 18, 2013

Why so early?

I'm sure many of you can relate to the fact that being a child of God, wife, and a mother can be a balancing act. It can be extremely difficult to balance the various demands of each role.  I went through a season of my life where I struggled a lot with keeping a good balance with all of the daily demands and I ended up neglecting those that I love the most.  Even things that are good and serve the Lord can hinder our relationship with Him and our family!

These were some difficult lessons to learn and through it my family and I had to seriously consider the things and events we were a part of and carefully consider what we were going to participate in.  After Kylee started Kindergarten we were absolutely amazed about how many different people and organization that were trying to tap into our precious family time (again there are a lot of good causes and groups but that doesn't mean we should participate in them all).  Early this summer we had decided we were not going to commit to anything outside of our daily obligations this year except for being involved in the AWANA program which we could do as a family!  I'm so grateful for this decision my husband and I made.  Our schedules still stay pretty full but at least an evening at home TOGETHER is no longer a rarety like it had been for a period of time.  These precious babies are growing so fast, I just don't want to miss it!

This leads to why a few days a week I get up at 3:40 AM (which I never imagined I would ever do)!  It's so important for me to get my workouts in and it's equally important that I get them done guilt free.  Slipping out of bed and out of the house to go workout while the rest of my family is still asleep just makes me smile.  I will admit though that there are some days where I struggle to get out of bed and GO RUN and on those days there's definitely not a smile on my face, but by the time I'm done, I'm ready to take on the rest of my day!

Keep in mind that when this became my schedule I had to adjust many other areas of my life!  My devotion time had to be moved to the evening, which I didn't think would fit me as well, but I have found that I sleep much better after spending time in God's word!  I also had to adjust the time I go to bed the night before a 'super' early morning to get the necessary sleep.

The key is establishing a schedule that fits you AND your family and keep at it.  It will get easier over time!  Now you know why there are days that I get up at a 'not so appealing' time.  It's because of the most precious people in my life!  With that I leave you with the verse Romans 12:2, which is a great reminder to seek His will in ALL we do (even our time of day to workout).

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.


Blessings,

Krystal


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...